Project Management: On Time, On Target, On Budget
Project Coordinators, Managers,
8:30 am - 3:30 pm
This information-packed course
teaches you the fundamentals of project management. You’ll learn how to
plan, budget, schedule, and monitor your projects, and how to maximize
your resources for the greatest profitability. You’ll learn not to work
harder, but smarter.
Understand the project process
Set project goals and action
Use standard methods to prepare
Learn practical scheduling tools
to map project paths.
Monitor and control project
Evaluate project effectiveness
and adjust to project changes.
- Define project management and learn the characteristics of a true
- Learn the traits and responsibilities an effective project manager.
- Understand the typical project life cycle.
- Determine and analyze planning costs.
- Pinpoint key components of planning.
- Develop accurate Project Action Plans.
- Use the Work Breakdown Structure to organize projects into tasks and
- Effectively communicate with project stakeholders using a
- Identify advantages and disadvantages of "Top-Down" and
Identify materials, equipment, and resources needed to produce the project
Budget project costs using the Work Breakdown Structure.
Learn basic resource allocation and leveling.
Schedule your projects using Gantt and PERT/CPM charting methods.
Test assumptions and decisions with Monitoring and Control tools.
Evaluate tasks or the whole project with Earned Value Analysis.
Upon project completion, use evaluation tools to determine success,
enhance processes, and build for the future.
KNOWLEDGE. SKILL. SUCCESS.